Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Damn you Assasin's creed 2....

So it's spring break and I have copulious amounts of Homework, 2 chapters of trig, a essay in US history, preparing for a test in psychology. But 2 weeks ago, Steam offered a Ubi soft buy 4 get at 7 dollars (or was it 17?). So I buy it only because Assassin's Creed is on there and have not looked back since. And the game is Logitic dual shock controller compatible thank god! The game was so good that I went ahead and bought (and started playing) Assassin's Creed 2 and want to get AC:BH asap.

However AC and to a lesser extent; AC 2 has some issues for me
The controls in AC feel a bit counter-intuitive, and it REALLY shows up in AC 2 when, during the Assassin's crypt missions, the awkward control scheme made what should have been a 2 miniature Agility fest into a 30 minute rage fest at TRYING TO GET ENZIO TO RUN UP A WALL AND JUMP A PARTICULAR DIRECTION. As a combat game, I love it, but it's plat former aspect has some serious issues. Chasing someone across the rooftops? Pray you don't go near any pigeons, cause you will AUTOMATICALLY JUMP INTO THE NEAREST CART OF HAY.

Game has some great things though, the story is keeping me interested, and this alternate history stuff actually makes me think about the correlation to it in real life.  It's Battle mechanics are designed that the better reaction time/strategist you are, the longer you can hold out (and the faster you kill). A good example is by locating myself near a area of water or the ledge of a roof, as long as I take care not to jump off, enemies usually fall to their deaths due to the dodging ability, and if that dose not work, a well timed counter usually finishes them off.

In addition, Enzio's story is far more engaging then Altiar's. I feel that, as Enzio grows, I grow. This coincides with the "bleeding effect" where are Desmond goes deeper into Enzio's memories, Enzio's growth becomes his growth, and since the idea is that Desmond is getting roughly 10-20 years of training in the span of 2 days using the bleeding effect, really says how well the writers worked on the story and how well it came out.

Lastly, Don't make this game hard Ubi, but don't make it overly frustrating. PLEASE improve the free running and platforming aspects of it for ACIII. When I ether get the money or the price drops on steam for AC BH, Ill buy it simply to wrap up Enzio's story. Until then, I still need to finish my homework before I continue with ACII

No comments:

Post a Comment